Why we created the QBO Foundations Course
We, at the Barklee Institute, strongly believe that entrepreneurship is something to be celebrated and encouraged. Whether you start your business because you are a busy mom and want to be able to spend more time with your kids, or because you have a passion for being your own boss, it is exciting to run your own company. But, we also understand that the fun part of small business ownership is the actual business not the financial record keeping. However, if you have just started your business, hiring an accountant or controller might be a bit out of budget. That is where the Barklee Institute’s QuickBooks Online (QBO) Foundations Course comes into play.
The Purpose for the QBO Foundations Course
This course is for the small business owner. It is for the mompreneurs, and dadpreneurs who rather be with their families and making their products over sitting at a computer struggling to input daily transactions into their financial records. This course is there for small business owners to feel confident that they are financially aware and that their records are accurate. Take a deep breath, do not stress about being able to afford an account, learn how to accurately keep your financial records up to date with the QBO Foundations Course.
What to expect to learn
This is a crash course into the basics of QuickBooks Online. It is a brief look at what you will need to be successful in keeping accurate books for your starting small business. QuickBooks Online is an extremely useful tool for Small Business Owners, but as with all software, it can be daunting having to learn how to use it. With this course you will learn:
- How to setup and navigate your new QuickBooks Online account.
- Walk through the different subscription levels so you can feel confident you are making the best decision for your company.
- Find out the information you will need to have when setting up your account so you can be prepared and the process will be quick and painless.
- Take a tour of your new account so you know where to go to find all the information you are looking for.
- How to link a bank account with your QuickBooks Online Account
- Walk through the steps of how to link your credit card and bank accounts to your QuickBooks Online Account
- Automate your bookkeeping process by having the software pull transactions from your linked accounts.
- How to manually and/or accept daily transactions
- Recognize, review, categorize and accept expense and income transactions from the bank feed.
- Utilize the different menus available manually input income and expense transactions.
- How to perform a monthly bank reconciliation using QuickBooks Online.
- Walk through completing a reconciliation using a monthly bank statement and the QBO Reconciling tool.
- How to view different reports and what the major reports are.
- Take a tour of the “Reports Center” in QuickBooks Online.
- Learn how to view the different reports.
- Take a deeper dive into what a Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet are.
The Benefits of Taking the QBO Foundations Course
With our QBO Foundations Course, you can feel confident that you will be using QuickBooks Online correctly. Additionally, you will be able to take a deep breath, relax and enjoy the reasons you started your business in the first place. This course will show you how to automate your record keeping so that you are doing it accurately and knowing how to perform the different tasks and use the different functions will ultimately save you time.
Sign up for our QBO Foundations course. Follow this link (QBO Online Courses | The Barklee Institute) to join the list so you will be the first to be notified of the launch of our course. Or, if you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out over the phone or email, we are more than happy to talk to you about our resources or anything QuickBooks Online.